Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Lost and Stuck in Choices

zetersennzetersenn Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Right now, I am in my last semester of community college. I am just doing a general studies degree as of right now and I need I have been thinking about my next step for about a year now. The thing is that I don't know what to do. I originally wanted to go to school for graphic design, illustration, or animation, but I feel that my work and portfolio is not up to par compared to other students and works that I have seen. Not just that I am scared of getting into a degree, taking out loans and going severely into debt ( I come from a lower middle-class family from the south so its either loans or no degree at this point for me) all for it to be nothing and no job. As someone who is a creative individual, are there other options of degree that may not be an art degree, but may satisfy my want to be in a creative industry? or should I stick it out and continue forward into the art field? Any and all advice is welcomed and I thank you in advanced!

Replies to: Lost and Stuck in Choices

• HImomHImom Registered User Posts: 33,297 Senior Member
    Could you get an education degree and teach art? Have you talked to the advisor at your CCollege? What recommendations from them?