Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Undergrad+Grad School

goodschoolboundgoodschoolbound Registered User Posts: 18 Junior Member
Hey. I had a question about what I should do. One of the options I am considering is to major in Computer Science in undergrad and then get an MBA for grad school. My goal is to hopefully work my way up to the top of a company. Would it be necessary to get an MBA after undergrad? Thanks.

Replies to: Undergrad+Grad School

• snarlatronsnarlatron Registered User Posts: 1,636 Senior Member
    I’m not in business but everyone I know who got an MBA did so after several years of business experience, not right out of undergrad.
  • RiversiderRiversider Registered User Posts: 564 Member
    Often finances and circumstances are the deciding factors behind gap between undergrad and grad degree. Also getting accepted into top graduate programs right after undergrad isn’t possible for most.
  • tk21769tk21769 Registered User Posts: 10,583 Senior Member
    You're getting ahead of yourself.
    Many college students change majors at least once.
    You may not even like computer science once you discover what college-level courses are all about.

But to answer your question:
    no, it is not necessary to get an MBA.
    https://poetsandquants.com/2017/12/20/survey-only-a-third-of-worlds-ceos-have-an-mba/
  • airway1airway1 Registered User Posts: 605 Member
    You will be overqualified with the MBA but under-qualified with no job experience. MBA usually requires work experience. Which university is offering this? Most go for a masters of finance or related to your major