right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

College Major/Minor Decision

OliviaGGOliviaGG 0 replies10 threads New Member
edited December 2019 in College Majors
Hello people! I'm currently in community school rethinking what my major should be. I've always been interested in cultures (if I could I would love to learn about more then one culture) and would love to study it, but I also would love to open my own business/company. Also studying business has been on my mind. I've had this dream where I would open my own kind of fandom mall and tv network and such. Basically I want to make money off of fandoms and such. Kpop and Latino music are popular in the United States and having a tv chanel where you can find out whats happening in those genres would be nice. I also was thinking if majoring or minoring in music (with a option in music business/industry) would be a good idea for me. Sorry if it doesn't make sense, but thats what I want to do. Any ideas would be appreaciated.
edited December 2019
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: College Major/Minor Decision

• Techno13Techno13 336 replies13 threads Member
    Interesting. I'm no expert in this at all but many schools now offer media & culture majors, or something like that (even just communications). I'd also recommend a data science or stats minor-- this is what "business" online is all about. You can take other culture and language courses to suit your needs as well. I really think the stats/data science part will be important to financial success. You may not find those courses fun, but they are so important to being more than a hobbyist.
    · Reply · Share