right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Communications major, ____________ minor?

eohhuieohhui 0 replies2 threads New Member
As a communications major, is it beneficial to minor in psychology and film? Originally I was set on just minoring in film, but I realized that I still have an interest in psychology. What are the benefits of minoring in both?
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Communications major, ____________ minor?

• eb23282eb23282 646 replies18 threads Member
    Benefit? You have an interest in both, so you'll likely enjoy the material you are learning, which will make for a much more enjoyable college experience.
    · Reply · Share
  • happy1happy1 23218 replies2296 threads Senior Member
    My theory about minors is that you should only bother with one if it is an area of personal interest that you enjoy studying.
    · Reply · Share
  • XtremeBlaze777XtremeBlaze777 115 replies14 threads Junior Member
    If you are asking for any benefit to your resume, minors don't really add too much (though it will indicate other interests). You don't have to minor to take the courses as electives. For example, I want to study quantum physics in college so I will only take the physics prereqs that get me to there and ignore any of the other courses that might get me a minor.
    · Reply · Share
  • EmpireappleEmpireapple 1919 replies27 threads Senior Member
    I think one of the most beneficial minors with communications is business. You may not always find yourself on the creative end of things or may need to actually make some $$ from that creativity.
    · Reply · Share