right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Get all the info you need to know to complete the FAFSA during our LIVE webinar Thursday, Sept 24, at 7pm ET. Hear from financial aid experts on deadlines, what documents you will need, and how your info will be used to calculate aid. REGISTER NOW and share your questions.
PARENTS4PARENTS: AfroPuffMom is the mother of two boys, a college junior and a high school junior. She has extensive experience reviewing applications for high-achieving, first-generation students. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our September Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

Choosing A Minor

dhuber4dhuber4 0 replies1 threads New Member
I'm currently double-majoring in Economics and Mathematics, but have room in my schedule to add a minor. I'm not sure what I want to do post-college, but am interested in Computer Science and Finance. Which would be the better minor? I could also drop a major and double-minor in these. I'm just unsure at this point.
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Choosing A Minor

• juilletjuillet 12849 replies165 threads Super Moderator
    I don't really see much of a reason to have two majors and a minor, just because you have room in your schedule - you can use that room to take classes that are interesting to you across several different fields (including computer science and finance).

That said, neither of them is strictly "better" - it depends on your interests and what you want to learn, as well as what you want to do with them.
    · Reply · Share