Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

English Major

brm114341brm114341 Registered User Posts: 192 Junior Member
edited August 2013 in The College of New Jersey
I have heard good things about the CoNJ English program, but I'd like a second opinion. How are the professors, classes, required courses? How challenging is the work? How committed and engaged are students? Resources?

On an unrelated note, I was also wondering how many freshmen live off campus and if the administration is helpful in the process of finding an apartment close by (I'm from out of state).

Thank you!
Post edited by brm114341 on

Replies to: English Major

• neverXclarityneverXclarity Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    Hi! I'm an incoming English major freshman at TCNJ. From what I've heard from students and professors, the classes and profs are engaging and challenging without being overwhelming. Even just looking on ratemyprofessors.com you can see the high ratings of the English department teachers.

No freshmen live off campus unless they are living with a parent. Housing is guaranteed for out-of-state students all 4 years, and there are townhouses/apartments for juniors and seniors on the TCNJ campus. Freshmen and sophomores, as well as anyone who didnt get into the houses, live in standard dorms.
This discussion has been closed.