Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.

Least popular majors at TCNJ

flowers21flowers21 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Anyone have any thoughts on the lesser popular majors at TCNJ? Was thinking Communications or Political Science. I umderstand that teaching and business are the most popular and therefore more difficult to get in. Am I better off not declaring a major or declaring one that is less popular if I am wide open at this point? TIA!

Replies to: Least popular majors at TCNJ

• flowers21flowers21 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    understand, not umderstand. Sorry for the typo!
  • njdadjetsnjdadjets Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
    FYI You have to declare a major in your application to TCNJ
  • carpoolingmacarpoolingma Registered User Posts: 419 Member
    I would apply to the major you are most interested in without regard for how popular or unpopular it is. If you choose a major based on admissions statistics rather than true interest, you may have a hard time switching later and/or have to go an extra semester to make up requirements. While many people do switch as their interests develop, I don't think it is wise to start out knowingly picking a major you won't stick with.
  • MACmiracleMACmiracle Registered User Posts: 1,152 Senior Member
    Does TCNJ allow a second choice major in their app?

If they do, that could help address your concerns.
  • carpoolingmacarpoolingma Registered User Posts: 419 Member
    If I remember correctly, they do allow for a second choice.
  • ekdad212ekdad212 Registered User Posts: 125 Junior Member
    Agree with @carpoolingma, I don't think it's wise to try to "game" the application process. Declare the major you want and express passion about it in your application. That's the best way to present yourself. Good luck!