Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Current students: "Good" and "bad" FSPs

withlovemeganwithlovemegan Registered User Posts: 173 Junior Member
edited May 2010 in The College of New Jersey
For current students, is there an FSP you took that you would recommend other students take or stay away from? A lot of them look really interesting but I know appearances can be deceiving. Just wondering.
Post edited by withlovemegan on

Replies to: Current students: "Good" and "bad" FSPs

• eileendovereileendover Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    i'm actually about to be a freshman... but i know that looking on ratemyprofessors.com helped me. there were a couple i was originally intrigued by (movie that changed your life + hinduism & buddhism) until i read the horrible professor reviews.

also i have a friend whose older brother went to tcnj. he said to stay way from anything with reading/writing in the title because those fsps tend to have a much higher workload than others. (but i guess that's kind of obvious and really shouldn't be a problem if reading/writing happens to be your thing)

hope this helped.
  • *HazelEyez**HazelEyez* Registered User Posts: 392 Member
    All of the FSPs are meant to be writing intensive but I remember one friend, who was in something that had to do with writing short stories, always had a TON of work to do, so I guess try to stay away from that one unless you are really into writing stories lol.

I was in an honors FSP and I can say that our grades relied solely upon the short essays and papers we wrote but overall it really was not that much work. Sorry I can't comment on anything else besides the honors ones!
  • jayalertjayalert Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    hazeleyez: besides the irish cinema you took, are any others good with laid back professors?
  • *HazelEyez**HazelEyez* Registered User Posts: 392 Member
    I don't know of any specifically. If you are referring to the honors fsp's specifically I really did not hear of anyone being extremely unhappy with the one they took. Lovett (Evolution conflict) is a bio prof and I've been told he's a good teacher but he may be a difficult grader (I have not taken any of his classes yet but from what I can tell he does not seem like a laid back kind of guy).

Also keep in mind that they recommend you do not take certain fsp's based on your major (whether you are honors or not).
This discussion has been closed.