Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
lks1192lks1192 Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
edited August 2010 in The College of New Jersey
I'm an incoming senior (in state, like pretty much everyone) planning on majoring in music ed. I know I obviously have to audition to get into the program, but do I have a chance at getting in academically? Will applying early decision help?

Top 25% of class (I go to a very competitive public high school)
3.6 GPA (weighted)
By the time I graduate, I will have taken 6 honors classes and 5 APs. I took 3 APs junior year (US History, Lang and Comp, and Psychology) and got two 5's and a 4 on the tests. I'm also taking AP Gov and AP Lit and Comp this year.
Good ECs and essay, hopefully good recommendation letters
1930 SAT - (650 CR/620 M/660 W)

I know this school is definitely a reach for me, but could it be possible for me to be accepted?
Post edited by lks1192 on

Replies to: Chances?

• cometstargcometstarg Registered User Posts: 393 Member
    I think you'll get in without having to apply early decision, at least statswise you seem fine.
  • GlaciusGlacius Registered User Posts: 151 Junior Member
    GPA and SAT is a tad low, but I don't think music ed is too competitive so I think you have a decent shot, I'd say a very slight reach. ED would help, but make sure you really want to go to TCNJ before you do this.
This discussion has been closed.