Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Correlation between admissions office disorganization & college management

chica2collegechica2college Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
edited September 2010 in College Search & Selection
It interesting how much admissions offices can vary even among schools of similar academic ranking and reputation. Some are well oiled machines with efficiency and friendly people. Others...well, not so much.

Do you think there is enough of a correlation between admissions office functioning and the overall management level of a school to rule out a school for experiences that weren't so impressive? One school I am considering because it has strengths in fields of study I am interested in, was so unimpressive in terms of the admissions contact compared to others eg difficulty in arranging an alumni interview, info session not useful, stuffy, cobwebby facilities.

I know I won't be interacting with admissions if I matriculate but I wonder if it indicative of the functioning of the entire school.

Would love to hear others thoughts/discussions on this. Thanks!
Post edited by chica2college on

Replies to: Correlation between admissions office disorganization & college management

• NJSueNJSue Registered User Posts: 2,789 Senior Member
    Sometimes the reverse is true: admissions offices are glossy marketing machines, but the reality of campus life is not that impressive. I don't think there is any meaningful correlation between the efficiency of admissions and the quality of other parts of the university.
This discussion has been closed.