Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

College Recomendations please

dkoo0616dkoo0616 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I am researching universities for my little sister who is going through really tough times. In high school, I was just a huge spoiled brat/idiot but really worked hard in college to make something out of myself.
Unlike me, she was such a smart kid, all straight A's, never had a trouble with laws (unlike me) and went to pretty prestegious HS. She got an athletic scholarship to play tennis in a big state school. HUGE mistake. She failed out, and switched school like 3 times... now she's pretty old to still attending undergraduate (She's 23 i believe). She's currently going to some no name middle of nowhere school in PA just because and she hates it. I had a long phone conversation with her and I don't think she's headed to the right direction.

So, I was wondering if you guys could make a suggestion of list of small/liberal art schools that she can fit in..
These are the schools I recomended to her so far, but her GPA in college is extremly low (Around 2.3 i believe) and don't think she has any chance to get in..

1. Sweet Briar
2. Smith
3. College of Notre Dame of Maryland
4. St. Mary's college of Maryland
5. Case Western Reserve University

or I just told her to go back to community college to build up her GPA again...
I know she's smart, and she's definently smarter then me. Im like a dumbass compare to her and I still ended up in wall st. (In grad school now) I keep telling her to raise her GPA and study for the DAT exam.
Any good fit/school you guys can recomend?
This discussion has been closed.