Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

University of Denver?

CoreySCoreyS Registered User Posts: 263 Junior Member
edited November 2005 in College Search & Selection
How does it compare to other schools? Mainly in languages, legal studies, and international business?

Does it offer any prestige to graduate schools?
Post edited by CoreyS on

Replies to: University of Denver?

• LakeWashingtonLakeWashington Registered User Posts: 9,315 Senior Member
    U of Denver is likely not sufficiently "elite" for the folks here to give you feedback. All I know is that Secretary of State Condaleeza Rice is a U of Denver alumni.
  • Rayver2380Rayver2380 Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    i agree...unless you have questions about UC's or any other top schools u rarely get more than 2 or 3 responses here...some guy asks about schools with hot chicks and he gets 3 pages of responses lol..earlier i asked a serious question about CSU schools and was lucky to get 1 response
  • carolyncarolyn Registered User Posts: 7,435 Senior Member
    The U of Denver is a solid school, with an excellent business program. Don't know specifically about languages there, but I do know they seem to do a good job of getting students into law school.

It's a good sized school, has a bit of a rep for being a party school, Denver is a great city. Students tend to be middle of the road and career-oriented. The U of Denver takes a very personal approach to admissions, which can sometimes work in less stellar applicants' favor.

Overall, if you're interested in business or other pre-professional majors, DU is a good choice.
This discussion has been closed.