Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UCD or UCSC? I need to make a decision now!!!

krayne17krayne17 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited April 2011 in College Search & Selection
So I was able to get into two great UCs (UCD and UCSC), but my problem is that I want to go to UCLA... I have heard many times over that my best bet to transfer is to just go the community college route, but I would REALLY rather avoid that. I know that transferring between UCs is hard but doable, and i'm definitely willing to work hard... but I'm just not sure which UC I can go to that will give me the best chances of transferring to UCLA.

I love the spirit and overall college atmosphere of Davis, but the weather and campus of UCSC is gorgeous and very environmentally oriented.

At UCD and UCSC I'm admitted under environmental science as a major...
Post edited by krayne17 on

Replies to: UCD or UCSC? I need to make a decision now!!!

• UCLA Band MomUCLA Band Mom Registered User Posts: 1,180 Senior Member
    If I were you, I would go to UC Davis, and once there, do your best and make the absolute most of it. Everybody I have ever known who has gone there absolutely loved it. If you still want to attend UCLA, there's always grad school.

Good luck to you in making your decision. :)
  • KcombsKcombs Registered User Posts: 218 Junior Member
    Go to whichever you like more and be open to loving it. Transfering is no definite thing, so go to whichever you can see yourself at for the next 4 years.
  • $KingsElite$$KingsElite$ Registered User Posts: 2,323 Senior Member
    You should go to where you really see yourself for the next four years. I was considering both universities back in the day and I know its a really a tough decision. They're both great!
  • krayne17krayne17 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    thankyou! but do you think it matters if UC Davis is ranked higher if I decide to transfer? Does that play any part?
  • UCLA Band MomUCLA Band Mom Registered User Posts: 1,180 Senior Member
    thankyou! but do you think it matters if UC Davis is ranked higher if I decide to transfer? Does that play any part?

The only thing that might matter for a transfer is your gpa. But since that can't be assured, plan your curriculum as if you are going to stay until graduation. Don't worry, be happy, and study, study, study!
This discussion has been closed.