Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Help me choose! Emory, Ohio State University, or USC (southern california)?

amly999amly999 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Dear all,

I was admitted to the 3 colleges named in subject line. Which one should I choose?

1. USC: I received scholarships totaling $23,000, what I have to pay=$35K
2. Emory: I received grants and scholarships totaling $29,000, what I have to pay=$27K
3. Ohio state university: received scholarships of $15K, what I have to pay=$9K (I am Ohio resident).

I also got in to Duke, but I got no scholarships, I have to pay everything.

I intent to do business major. Emory's business school is supposedly better than USC's and OSU's, but I prefer the latter schools' school spirit (and sports teams) to Emory's (lack of) school spirit. But I also kind of want to get out of Ohio and explore a new city (Atlanta or LA?) and have a warmer climate too.

Do you think it's worth it to spend more money and go to a school that's more prestigious or just take advantage of the scholarships I got at OSU?

Thank you!
Post edited by amly999 on

Replies to: Help me choose! Emory, Ohio State University, or USC (southern california)?

This discussion has been closed.