right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

I sent in an application 11hrs ago - should I be worried that I've gotten no email?

complexitycomplexity 70 replies29 threads Junior Member
edited November 2011 in College Search & Selection
Friends have told me that commonapp sends an automatic email after you send in an application. I sent in my commonapp for UVA early action at about 10:30 this morning (sent the supplement around 1am) and everything on commonapp seems correct, yet I've gotten no confirmation email as expected.

Should I be worried?
edited November 2011
8 replies
Post edited by complexity on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: I sent in an application 11hrs ago - should I be worried that I've gotten no email?

• ace747ace747 71 replies6 threads Junior Member
    It might just be that they're taking longer to confirm everything because so many people are finalizing their Early Action/Decision applications around this time. I wouldn't worry too much about it, unless there's no confirmation with 24 hours.
    · Reply · Share
  • jkiwmomjkiwmom 1332 replies36 threads Senior Member
    It's probably fine. Does it show as "complete" on Common App.? And, did you check your spam? Be sure to add Common App as a contact for email.
    · Reply · Share
  • complexitycomplexity 70 replies29 threads Junior Member
    Yeah, I checked my spam. It does show as "complete" on Common App and UVA has disappeared from my list of signatures, so I hope that means everything's correct. Just due to the proximity to the deadline, I hope.
    · Reply · Share
    Yeah, I'm guessing it's the high volume of EA apps.

Just to clarify then, when you open the supplement for UVa, you can't make any changes right?
    · Reply · Share
    yeah, you're fine. No worries :)
    · Reply · Share
    Thanks so much! needed a little comfort. such an anxious time for us all.
    · Reply · Share
    I know, it's so stressful even after you press "submit". Breathe, and just focus on your next application :). You should receive the email confirmation by today. Here's how to contact them if you don't....

I copied this from Common apps. support page:

"I have not received my submission confirmation email"

If you have not received the submission confirmation email in 24 hours, it is likely an issue of the email arriving in your spam folder. Check that folder and add the following domain to your safe list:

commonapp.net

You can also find the status of your application information on the My Colleges page.

Visit our Support Center for Applicants
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity