Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Denver vs Rutgers vs Bentley vs USF vs FIU

450yamaha450yamaha Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
Which one out of those 5 would you recommend to go to for business? I am an international applicant from Poland and I was already accepted to all of those. Even though I am still waiting for March/April, when most of decisions will show up, I was wondering which one of those 5 in the topic is the best? Tuition is scholarship is not really important - I would like to know which one may offer the best academic experience? Ask any details if you need.
Post edited by 450yamaha on

Replies to: Denver vs Rutgers vs Bentley vs USF vs FIU

• jetsfan289jetsfan289 Registered User Posts: 435 Member
    bentley then rutgers.
  • 450yamaha450yamaha Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    I heard in some topics here that though bentley has a slightly better reputation, the career placement and internship options are better of Rutgers because of NYC. Is that true? Can somebody evaluate on that?
  • happy1happy1 Forum Champion Parents, Forum Champion Admissions Posts: 23,416 Forum Champion
    I looked at Bentley with my S and we were very impressed by the school. However, in the end he decided that he didn't want to go to a college with a singular focus on business. I would think about what size school you want (Bentley is mid-size, Rutgers is large) and if you want such a focus on business.
  • jetsfan289jetsfan289 Registered User Posts: 435 Member
    exactly if u want to study business go to a campus wide focus on business! only makes sense
  • happy1happy1 Forum Champion Parents, Forum Champion Admissions Posts: 23,416 Forum Champion
    Actually my S is a business major but he decided he wanted to be at a school with people who had varied interests, not just business. For him it was the right choice but I can absolutely see the appeal of going to a school focused on business. It is a personal choice but I just threw that difference out there as something (environment/student body) the OP may want to consider.
    And what about florida's universities? How do they compare to Bentley or Rutgers? Is it worth even thinking about those schools? Ive heard that there's a lot of money going into usf recently. Can anyone proove that?
  • Chargers2012Chargers2012 Registered User Posts: 109 Junior Member
    USF...not worth a look. Uof F good for business.
  • SweetheartCrocSweetheartCroc Registered User Posts: 589 Member
    I stumbled upon this thread and was intrigued by your unusual grouping of schools. Here is my Floridian perspective:

USF has a decent medical school, by Florida standards. FIU is basically a commuter college. I don't know why you would consider either of these schools if you can get into to Rutgers. USNWR shows Rutgers with the highest ranked business school of all of the ones mentioned, although I'm not sure which "Denver" you are referring to.

I haven't heard about any money going into USF. In fact, USF was recently singled out for huge budget cuts due to a local Florida politician's attempts to use the money to create another school called Florida Polytechnic.

If you want to go to a decent business school in Florida, UF and FSU have much better business schools than either USF or FIU. They are also more highly-regarded schools, in general. If you are rich, you might also consider the University of Miami.
    I have been also accepted to Clark, Syracuse, Ithaca, University of the Pacific and Drexel University, but I assume that these are not as good as those in the topic. I chose two schools on Florida as last summer I visited both campuses and simply loved them. So simply put, Bentley or Rutgers are the best choices here, right?
  • Chargers2012Chargers2012 Registered User Posts: 109 Junior Member
    Don't rule out Syracuse. Whitman is strong and their alumni even stronger.

Go visit the campuses. They are all very different and it does matter.
    What about UCSB vs Bentley or Rutgers? Is that true that UC has very good reputation and is that true that I would get better business education in Santa Barbara than in Bentley?
  • katliamomkatliamom Registered User Posts: 12,459 Senior Member
    I think you should pose this question on the Parents Forum - you will get better advice regarding the relative merits of these schools. Congratulations on your acceptances.
This discussion has been closed.