Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What do i need to do to get into cornell?

mfaleevamfaleeva Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited February 2012 in College Search & Selection
I really want to go to cornell to study business, so my major will probably be phycology, but I'm not sure yet. could u guys please tell me what classes, grades, activities, i need to take/ get to be a good candidate? also i am planning on taking IB and getting the diploma, will that help? Also if i send in an early decision will that improve my chances of getting in?
Post edited by mfaleeva on

Replies to: What do i need to do to get into cornell?

• lynxinsiderlynxinsider Registered User Posts: 1,279 Senior Member
    You need mostly all A's in the most rigorous course sequence your high school offers. You need outstanding standardized test scores (I'd call a 2100 about a match), and you need a little luck.

I don't know what else Cornell will be looking for to shape a class by the time you're applying. ED apps usually get a slight preferential treatment, but not much. Of course, just getting admitted doesn't matter if you can't afford it, so it's really the financial aid package that you need to worry about, and EDs sometimes get a little shortchanged in that department.
This discussion has been closed.