Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.

American University Journalism????

BreGenaroBreGenaro Registered User Posts: 100 Junior Member
I'm thinking about being a Journalism major with a double major or minor in the arts either film, screenwriting or drama. How is American Universitys Journalism Dept? and how are their academics in general? also do they have a nice campus?
Post edited by BreGenaro on

Replies to: American University Journalism????

• BreGenaroBreGenaro Registered User Posts: 100 Junior Member
    Also George Washington University
  • DivergentPathsDivergentPaths Registered User Posts: 91 New Member
    American has a great campus! I personally like Georgetown's better, but that's just preference. My favorite thing to do at American is to sit on a bench and listen to every other person walk by speaking a different language.
    Their journalism program is great- DC offers so much in that track. If you're interested in studying abroad, American has arguably one of the best programs available.

Sent from my ADR6400L using CC
  • SeattleLove13SeattleLove13 Registered User Posts: 76 Junior Member
    I actually did a 1 week program at American last summer and the campus was so nice! Since it was the summer, it was pretty quiet. It's very green and has a more traditional campus feel, it's further away from downtown DC where all the monuments and museums and stuff are. I also visited GWU and it's very urban, completely mixed in with the rest of DC and streets running though it and only 3 blocks from the White House. I personally loved how urban it was, but i've seen people say they didnt like it for that reason. I would suggest visiting both if possible to see what setting you prefer. I'm a senior in high school so I dont know a ton about the programs, but what I have heard and read about both schools is impressive.
This discussion has been closed.