Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Will FSU rescind me?

paisleygreen222paisleygreen222 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I take extremely rigorous classes, all AP and IB courses. I have received more than 1 D and my GPA has dropped from a 3.08 to a 2.83. I've been struggling with depression as well as family conflict this last semester of senior year, which made school extremely difficult to focus on (the intensity of the classes did not help, though). I strongly believe that this is not an example of what my performance in college will be like, since next year I will be away from family drama. Will FSU rescind their decision? Should I contact them with my reason, or is it not valid enough? Thanks in advance.

Replies to: Will FSU rescind me?

• Erin's DadErin's Dad Super Moderator Posts: 35,486 Super Moderator
    Are you saying you have more than 1 D this semester? if so you most certainly should contact them now. Get ahead of this. There is a pretty good chance they will rescind you acceptance. By speaking to them now they may give you the benefit of the doubt and put you on academic probation/watch to start.
This discussion has been closed.