Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Civil Engineering w/o a B.A. in engineering?

sojirlegansojirlegan Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Hello I am thinking about pursuing civil engineering at the masters level.

Fairleigh Dickinson University- Florham Campus does not have an engineering or a physics major, and I was thinking that if i major in a science for undergrad, that I would be able to apply to a civil engineering program at the masters level. However, I heard that another university, Drew University, has an agreement with the Columbia SEAS program for engineering.

I do not want to transfer if I don't have to, what are my options if I want to become a civil engineer?

Thanks in advance.

Replies to: Civil Engineering w/o a B.A. in engineering?

• MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn Super Moderator Posts: 37,939 Super Moderator
    You should contact some civil engineering graduate programs and see what they say. I know that at UT-Austin, you have to have a BS in civil engineering before you can be accepted to the graduate program.
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus Registered User Posts: 74,634 Senior Member
    Your other post indicates that you already have a bachelor's degree in economics and international relations.

For civil engineering, you probably need to look for schools that allow second bachelor's degree students to study for ABET-accredited civil engineering bachelor's degrees.
This discussion has been closed.