My S is an international student who has been admitted into several colleges for UG engineering. Some of these are ranked higher but relatively expensive while some are ranked lower but cheaper. I know there are are many out there who say it isn't necessary to pay high for an UG degree - one might as well save for the graduate degree.In principle I can afford the expensive colleges, but I am somewhat vexed by the question - how much money is it worth paying for an UG degree, especially if S will definitely go on to do graduate studies?
Some of the colleges he has got in are (I have mentioned the approx tuition fee within brackets) -
1. Purdue (32k) .. Schol uncertain
2. Texas AM (28k) .. Maybe some schol + in-state tuit
3. Iowa State (21k) .. Maybe some schol
4. Texas Tech (21k) .. Maybe some schol + in-state tuit
5. Texas Arlington (20k) ..Maybe some schol + in-state tuit
6. IUPUI (30k) .. Confirmed schol of 15-19k
7. Mississippi State (20k) .. Confirmed schol 12.5k
Would be grateful for some advise keeping in view various factors like cost, reputation, ease of completing degree and location.