Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Reach schools

qwertyuiopzxcvqwertyuiopzxcv Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
Hi everyone!

I'm a high school senior and just sent out my applications for several schools. I just feel like I could apply to another "reach" school or two. Let me know what you think!

Future goals: physician

I am a White Russian Male (born in the US)

SAT score: 2120 Writing: 750(10 on essay) Math: 740 Reading: 630

GPA: 3.9167(unweighted)
3.5/3.6(weighted)???

Extracurricular Activities:

Working in an ophthalmology surgery center during the summer of my entire high school career. 2 years of researching Endophthalmitis and possible cures (volunteer hours: about 192 hours) and 2 years of working in the OR, helping patients in and out of the operating room and prepping them for surgery( work hours: about 192 hours)

Part of spanish club (did it for the free burritos)

Sports:

2 years on the Varsity Swim team

2 years on the Varsity Wrestling team

11 years of Mixed Martial Arts competition (several regional/national tournaments won)

Extras:

speak Russian fluently

letter of recommendation from top physician in NY

Father and Mother are both physicians

Schools I am applying to: Lehigh, Lafayette, Muhlenberg(4+4 guaranteed med program) , University of Delaware(honors), Monmouth(4+4 guaranteed med program), Northeastern, The College Of New Jersey, University of Miami, Skidmore

I want to major in something that could keep my GPA high for med school but still be very interesting (i love sciences). So far I have came across Kinesiology and Exercise Science along with Psychology of possible majors. I'd love if someone could help me out with any suggestions!

Thank you SO much!!

I am from New Jersey

My parents do not mind paying full tuition if I get into a great school, but of course, a great school that gives a lot of money would be ideal

Replies to: Reach schools

This discussion has been closed.