Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

U Washington or UT-Austin for business

2»

Replies to: U Washington or UT-Austin for business

• boolaHIboolaHI Registered User Posts: 1,956 Senior Member
    @juillet Very well stated. I'm not sure what the above poster was trying to convey, but Seattle is right behind Silicon Valley, and that also implies all of the attendant businesses you would associate that has fortune 100 companies in its backyard. The only drawback I don't like about Seattle, the I5 can be a parking lot at times. It's a city where I have literally been to over 200 times in the last 15 years, and it's a really lovey and dynamic place....
  • juilletjuillet Super Moderator Posts: 12,653 Super Moderator
    Oh man, the traffic is so so terrible. That's a definite. I chose where to live based partially on the commute from my job. But I think that's more relevant for the commuters to work than it would be necessarily for a UW student; OP would have little reason to go to the Eastside (unless s/he got an Eastside internship, but then you could take public transit).
  • ZinheadZinhead Registered User Posts: 2,610 Senior Member
    Pick whichever state you would rather live in for four years and at the start of your career. The relative ranking difference between these two universities will not make much difference in your future career.
  • prayforthebestprayforthebest Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    Thanks a lot for your replies :)
    Well that's like the only way I can get green card, unless I marry an American husband, which is even more unlikely. I know the whole green card thing is getting more competitive, but I have to give it a try, and there's always relative easiness.
    Btw, I'm asking about U WASHINGTON, not NYU. NYU business school STERN would be a really longgg reach.
    Thanks for the advice :)
    Makes sense! :)
  • paul2752paul2752 Registered User Posts: 5,103 Senior Member
    U Washington would be a decent shot, but you will have to pay full price
  • BucketsUCSCBucketsUCSC Registered User Posts: 783 Member
    With your stats I'd look at berkeley as UC's love the extra money they can make off international students
    You're stats are already good enough for a regular student but you being international increases the chance of you getting in
    Thanks! I'm definitely applying to the UCs, especially UC Berkeley and UCLA, they are actually my favorites
    Only problem is UCLA doesnt have business and Berkeley has pre-business where you apply for the Business major junior year so you may or may not get in
2»
This discussion has been closed.