US News 2017 rankings

guitar321guitar321 416 replies18 postsRegistered User Member
edited September 2016 in College Search & Selection
edited September 2016
690 replies
Post edited by Roger_Dooley on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: US News 2017 rankings

• TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston 14654 replies980 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    The usual comments about how all rankings are irrelevant.

The usual comments about why X University should be ranked higher than Y University.
    · Reply · Share
  • guitar321guitar321 416 replies18 postsRegistered User Member
    @ClarinetDad16

Northeastern has been on a long mission to increase its ranks; why do you think it'll fall?
    · Reply · Share
  • TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston 14654 replies980 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Because he has an ax to grind against Northeastern for some reason.
    · Reply · Share
  • ClarinetDad16ClarinetDad16 3303 replies119 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Because they went from I believe 57 to a four way tie for 47 in a year.

If they lose that tie they fall out of the top 50.

And Villanova comes into the National Rankings for the first time.
    · Reply · Share
  • LBad96LBad96 3442 replies57 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    @wayneandgarth tryna be slick, bruh?

Anyways, I think we'll rise a couple places. Well, I hope so, or else these rankings are broken lol. But at least they won't have the likes of Pace or Montclair State ahead of UNCW.
    · Reply · Share
  • HydeSnarkHydeSnark 931 replies14 postsRegistered User Member
    Alas I am only a second year :(
    · Reply · Share
  • LBad96LBad96 3442 replies57 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    @ClarinetDad16 you know, I didn't even think about the fact that USNWR always uses the incoming freshman stats from the previous fall semester (the current fall stats aren't released by the time USNWR comes out)! Right on! :)

@MurphyBrown I had a classmate who left Montclair after one semester to attend the local CC in the spring. He's getting ready to start at Rutgers this fall.

@HydeSnark I'm also a sophomore, but people always think I'm older than I am, haha!
    edited August 2016
    · Reply · Share
    edited August 2016
    Funny because colleges usually don't move up more than 1-2 ranks unless you're Northeastern
    edited August 2016
    · Reply · Share
    And I actually think some rankings may shift a lot; 12% of regional universities will shift to national universities. This may change already ranked national universities.
    · Reply · Share
  • nitro11nitro11 241 replies12 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    Pretty easy to figure out if you have the time or ability to compile data. It's called.....wait...."common data sets"

Unfortunately it says nothing about if it's in my "wheel house" Maybe I just came up with an app
    · Reply · Share
  • PengsPhilsPengsPhils 3978 replies28 postsForum Champion Northeastern, Forum Champion Math/Computer Science Forum Champion
    And I actually think some rankings may shift a lot; 12% of regional universities will shift to national universities. This may change already ranked national universities.

They didn't say that - 12% changed category - for all we know, 6% were national to regional, and 6% was regional to national, making for a complete wash.

· Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity