Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
The Forums will be unavailable Tuesday, June 25 starting at 9 am ET as we prepare for a major design update!

Looking for East Coast college similar to U. of Oregon

13»

Replies to: Looking for East Coast college similar to U. of Oregon

• eandesmomeandesmom Registered User Posts: 3,813 Senior Member
    U of O is a lot larger than 10k! My son had a similar wish list for fit and U of O was wayyyyyy too large for him.

University of Vermont does offer decent out of state scholarships so while it is over 50k it is possible to get that down quite a bit. Top OOS scholarship is currently 18k a year and she would be a strong candidate for the top award if she maintains her stats I would think.

Ithaca college could fit the bill nicely but is a bit less generous in merit monies compared to total costs but could be in the low 40's.
  • insanedreamerinsanedreamer Registered User Posts: 1,536 Senior Member
    Check out Saint Lawrence in NY.
  • AbsDadAbsDad Registered User Posts: 165 Junior Member
    I would NEVER allow my kids to go to Penn State. No way, no how.
    Oh, I know U of O is more than 10K, as does she, but it has everything else she wants, and if she can't go there, she wants under 10K.
  • lookingforwardlookingforward Registered User Posts: 32,521 Senior Member
    And how are her stats?
    You can see how CC loves to throw out names. But you don't want to spin your wheels.
    Her stats? Well, if you mean grades and things, She has a weighted GPA of about 4.5..... top 8% of her class.... National Honor Society, yada yada yada.
This discussion has been closed.