right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Rutgers NB or NJIT for Computer Sciecen

maxerdaxermaxerdaxer 12 replies15 threads New Member
edited February 2017 in College Search & Selection
First off I know both schools are good but this is more having to do with money and commuting time. I don't know which school to go to

Rutgers NB
Pros:
1. Will only be there for about two years because less classes are required
2. Tuition is $2k cheaper
Cons:
1. Commute time is anywhere from 26min-30min, and then certain classes are on different campuses and expected wait time for the bus is 40min so I need to leave almost 2 hours early ahead of time for class everyday. ATM my trip to my community college is 20min so I guess an extra 10minutes isn't too bad, the problem is having to wait for the bus for 40 minutes.
2. About $196 a month in gas

NJIT
Pros:
1. Commute time is about 15min, can walk to all classes
2. Spend less on gas, about $27-$30.
Cons:
1. Will end up being there for another year entirely because more classes
2. Tuition is $2k more
3. I will have to take an extra Science + Lab Elective and 3 more math courses as opposed to 0 extra Science + Lab course and 1 math course at Rutgers. NJIT also has the stupid capstone and seminar thing that is time consuming.

I don't know what to pick, if I lived closer to Rutgers it would be a no brainier but I don't know how well I can handle a 30min commute. I am thinking of just driving out to Rutgers NB for the hell of it to see if I can handle it.
edited February 2017
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Rutgers NB or NJIT for Computer Sciecen

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity