right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

I need help finding a similar class this summer.

jeaste7jeaste7 1 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3 New Member
My college will not be offering the course "CISC 4700, NETWORK AND CLIENT SERVER" until Spring 2018, it is the only class i have left to take to compete my major requirements.
Can anyone help me find the same/similar course at another college, that I can take during the summer in New York City. I am having trouble finding a similar course. I want to take it in the summer and transfer the credits instead of waiting for spring 2018 to take the class.
Course description: "This course deals with network computing the client/server environment. Topics include: operation systems, network protocols, network architecture, network security and network computing using languages such as PERL, Visual Basic and Java. Four-credit courses that meet for 150 minutes per week require three additional hours of class preparation per week on the part of the student in lieu of an additional hour of formal instruction."
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: I need help finding a similar class this summer.

• twoinanddonetwoinanddone 22104 replies14 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 22,118 Senior Member
    Some schools require that you take your last 30 credits, or your last 30 upper division credits, ON campus to get a degree. Check to make sure your school will accept these credits for your degree before you go to a lot of trouble.
    · Reply · Share
  • jeaste7jeaste7 1 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes I have check with my college I would be allowed to take a course elsewhere but it must be similar to the course I.
    I just need help finding a similar course at another college during summer 2017.
    · Reply · Share
  • MerryLeeMerryLee 258 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 262 Junior Member
    Can you take this class in the fall 2017? Is there a gen ed you still need to take? If so, take the gen ed over the summer.

There are some websites that can do what you are asking but it is dependent on schools participating. You put in the class # & school name and then select another school and it will give you the equivalent class.

Another option would be to go to the registrar's office. Since they have to approve the course substitution, see if they have a list of college/course # for that class they can give you.
    · Reply · Share
  • happy1happy1 22477 replies2196 discussionsForum Champion Parents, Forum Champion Admissions Posts: 24,673 Forum Champion
    You need to do the research-- this is too specific for anyone here to know where that particular class may be offered over the summer. Most colleges list their summer offerings online (that is how my S found a summer class that matched what he needed). It still may be a little early for the summer courses to be up, but keep checking with all of the college you can get to over the summer. Look at all of the CUNY schools, Pace, Fordham, NYU, Manhattan, St. Johns and any other college you can physically get to. And if you do find a matching course, be sure to get it formally pre-approved by your home college before you enroll and pay.
    · Reply · Share
  • philbegasphilbegas 2924 replies73 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,997 Senior Member
    ^ What @happy1 said. I understand you posted this in the hopes somebody might know already, but I don't think we do. It's your job to do the research make the phone calls send the emails!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity