right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Out of college with debt free or having debt?

2»

Replies to: Out of college with debt free or having debt?

• NASA2014NASA2014 2312 replies127 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,439 Senior Member
    Accepted to University at Buffalo and rejected to Binghamton. Thats weird. Anyone know why that happened? Now the wait for stony brook and penn state
    · Reply · Share
  • austinmshauriaustinmshauri 8554 replies314 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 8,868 Senior Member
    You have a 2.6 GPA. That seems low for Binghamton and Stony Brook. Congrats on the Buffalo acceptance though.
    · Reply · Share
  • NASA2014NASA2014 2312 replies127 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,439 Senior Member
    Yea. My friends told me Binghamton is hard to get in.
    · Reply · Share
  • roethlisburgerroethlisburger 2667 replies138 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,805 Senior Member
    A 2.6 is a low GPA. First, figure out why you're struggling so much and how to fix it.
    · Reply · Share
  • thumper1thumper1 73309 replies3189 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 76,498 Senior Member
    Is this still the case?
    No matter where I would go, I would still struggle. But at penn state there's so many tutors and I could seek help. Nothing in life is free, so why not go to a college that I will feel like I'm home. Albany is my second choice follow by stony brook.

You were saying that it was sort of Penn State or bust.

Have you been accepted to Albany?

Read post 7 again...and again...and again.
    · Reply · Share
    edited March 2017
    Yes, I got accepted to Albany. If I get accepted to Penn State, and money wise is important. Then I don't mind going to SUNY for free. Since dad works at Colgate, I'm not sure how much they will cover. My parents say "They will cover the tuition" yet they haven't figured out how much Colgate will provide. Ugh.
    edited March 2017
    · Reply · Share
    I got rejected to Stony Brook and Binghamton so those schools are out. I've searched the UB major environmental geosciences and geological sciences.
    · Reply · Share
    Environmental geosciences and Geological sciences are interesting but if I choose one of these. I have to take 100 level courses. Geological Sciences I have to take one prerequisite course. Environmental geosciences I have to take two prerequisite courses. I already got accepted at UB for chemistry.
    · Reply · Share
  • SuperGeo5999SuperGeo5999 646 replies42 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 688 Member
    edited July 2017
    @NASA2014 so will you be debt free with your choice of attending University of Albany for Meteorology? I would always advise going to school debt free because I'm into dave Ramsey and no one that is in debt is happy with there situation.
    edited July 2017
    · Reply · Share
  • DadTwoGirlsDadTwoGirls 5233 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5,234 Senior Member
    I agree with everyone else that you should avoid debt.

However, I have one thing that puzzles me. You have not been accepted to Penn State. Your GPA is 2.6. According to prepscholar the average incoming GPA for Penn State is 3.6. Why is this question even relevant?

I think that you should be happy with the two acceptances that you have, and choose one of them. Also, you should try hard to get your GPA up in your future studies.
    · Reply · Share
  • bodanglesbodangles 8628 replies557 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 9,185 Senior Member
    The first post was from a couple of months ago @DadTwoGirls
    · Reply · Share
  • LBad96LBad96 3442 replies57 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,499 Senior Member
    @NJWrestlingmom Ehh...I wouldn't call the SUNY's "awesome" overall...but they certainly are better than NJ's state schools.
    · Reply · Share
    I wasn't accepted to my program at penn state, but they gave me another chance to apply but with in a different major. So I wasn't fully rejected just simply didn't have the requirements for my major. I'm truly happy and excited that I will be attending SUNY alabny.
    · Reply · Share
    I needed calculus 2 and two physics courses which I didn't have
    · Reply · Share
  • NJWrestlingmomNJWrestlingmom 1040 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,041 Senior Member
    Congrats on Albany! My brother graduated there ages ago! You will appreciate being debt free in a few years! Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity