right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Is the cost of attendance of $27,208 accurate for in state? How much did you pay in the end?

tamucsfishtamucsfish 0 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1 New Member
I'm an incoming freshman and will find it helpful to know exactly how much I'll be spending at Texas A&M. I live in Houston and will not be taking a car to college.
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Is the cost of attendance of $27,208 accurate for in state? How much did you pay in the end?

• amottmersamottmers 160 replies11 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 171 Junior Member
    Its really an estimate. My daughter attends UT and we were given an "estimate" for the cost of attendance and she came in at $5000 under. Some kids have different cost for different things, books are different costs, meal plans etc.
    · Reply · Share
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids 83932 replies1004 discussionsForum Champion Financial Aid, Forum Champion Alabama Posts: 84,936 Forum Champion
    Add up the tuition, room and board, fees, and books. Those are pretty much the "for sure" costs. Then the rest of the costs are more controllable...depending on how thrifty you are. Books can also have some savings if bought used or rented
    · Reply · Share
  • anthonys621anthonys621 66 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
    Current freshman, I ended up spending 17k this year, that's probably the lowest you can possibly get it as a freshman living oncampus
    · Reply · Share
  • Debbie7452Debbie7452 527 replies15 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 542 Member
    My D graduated in 2016. Total COA that last year was about 21,000-22,000. That included all personal spending as well(living off campus). My D had to be very careful with her spending to get it this low. Each year, I estimate costs went up about $750-$1000 in unavoidable increases.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity