Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Admission decision terminology meaning

KlapitKlapit Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
Hi all,
My purdue university undergraduate application says that your application has been cancelled or withdrawn. I was wondering if this means I'm rejected since I did not withdraw my app and they have all my documents so I don't know why they would cancel my app. The decision also said to contact them if the above stated decision is incorrect. Please help, I'm really scared since purdue was my primary uni.

Replies to: Admission decision terminology meaning

• college_querycollege_query Registered User Posts: 4,515 Senior Member
    Sounds like you need to contact them?
  • KlapitKlapit Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Thanks for the reply. I did contact them, just today. But I'm guessing they'll take some time to reply since they get lots of emails so I wanted to ask if someone knew what exactly their decision means, more specifically, if it possibly means I'm rejected.
  • jillpnkjillpnk Registered User Posts: 164 Junior Member
    That doesn't sound like rejection terminology to me - sounds like they think that you have decided not to apply (have withdrawn your application) which obviously is a mistake. I suggest calling them if you don't get a quick email reply.
  • me29034me29034 Registered User Posts: 1,711 Senior Member
    I would investigate this with a phone call not an email. You want to fix this asap if it is a mistake on their part.
    I've tried calling them before multiple times, but the lines always busy. :(
  • twoinanddonetwoinanddone Registered User Posts: 21,861 Senior Member
    Perhaps there were documents needed that weren't submitted, so they figured you were 'withdrawing' your application because it was incomplete?
  • menloparkmommenloparkmom Registered User Posts: 12,916 Senior Member
    KEEP ON TRYING!!!
    All the documents were marked as received on the admissions portal.
  • happy1happy1 Forum Champion Parents, Forum Champion Admissions Posts: 24,534 Forum Champion
    edited February 2017
    I would do two things...
    ---While you are in school stop by your guidance counselors to see if he/she can make a call to help address this.
    ---Call the admissions dept. as soon as you can. When you call have any ID number that they gave you (if there was one) handy to help them find your file.
  • SuzTwoSuzTwo Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    Definitely call. I've always gotten right through to an actual person. Keep trying. The suggestion of having your guidance counselor help you is a good one.
This discussion has been closed.