Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

George Washington vs Rutgers Honors

vcollege99vcollege99 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
I got into George Washington University and Rutgers NB SAS Honors Program. Location-wise I strongly prefer GW, but I'm wondering which one would be better academically and for opportunities for pre-med. Any advice is appreciated!!

Replies to: George Washington vs Rutgers Honors

• LBad96LBad96 Registered User Posts: 3,499 Senior Member
    GWU > Rutgers academically. However, GWU is very expensive. Do you have any financial aid from GWU, and if not, are you able to afford it comfortably without aid?
  • vcollege99vcollege99 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    I got the presidential scholarship from GW, which makes it even more enticing. But I was wondering if there are as many research opportunities at GW as at Rutgers which would look good on my applications to med school
  • harvard_and_berkeleyharvard_and_berkeley Registered User Posts: 1,178 Senior Member
    What are the net costs after financial aid [folks, please put this in your first post].
    And no GWU, is not better than Rutgers academically.
  • LBad96LBad96 Registered User Posts: 3,499 Senior Member
    ...you can't seriously compare Rutgers with GWU, can you??

Go with GWU...IF both are affordable.
  • harvard_and_berkeleyharvard_and_berkeley Registered User Posts: 1,178 Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    Sure, I can definitely be serious. Rutgers is strong across the board in social sciences, humanities, engineering, science.

GW is well known only for social sciences... and is very weak in science and engineering.

The only way I would go to GW over Rutgers (cost aside) is if I was interested in politics, laws, international relations, and related fields.
  • vcollege99vcollege99 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    With scholarships my net cost including all estimated expenses would be
    GW: $20,400
    Rutgers: $22,000
  • prstigious1prstigious1 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    OP can I ask what your scores were to get that scholarship?
This discussion has been closed.