Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Help me choose the b-school I'm going to transfer to.

Replies to: Help me choose the b-school I'm going to transfer to.

• happy1happy1 Registered User Posts: 18,126 Senior Member
    That all sounds just fine. My feeling is once you are accepted then you should ask away (within the realm of reasonableness/courtesy). They already decided that they want you as a student and now you need to decide if the school fits your needs. Good luck.
  • arc918arc918 Registered User Posts: 663 Member
    So did you SIR to Drexel?
  • philbegasphilbegas Registered User Posts: 2,912 Senior Member
    SIR? I assume it has to do with depositing? If so, yes!

Still waiting for responses from Northeastern, BC, Bentley, UDel, Brown, and NYU. Although I'm planning out my life as though it's going to be Drexel.
  • chemist76chemist76 Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    Wow..why haven't those schools haven't made their decisions yet? Either way can't wait, Drexel seems like a good option for you.
    I have no idea. UDel and Villanova won't make decisions until after spring grades are out. And the other ones just say before June or before June 15th.
  • chemist76chemist76 Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    You should look at the deposit fee deadline for the colleges that accepted you. If you wait for other schools or are too indecisive you can miss out on a spot.
    I paid the deposit for drexel don't worry!
  • arc918arc918 Registered User Posts: 663 Member
    SIR = statement of intent to register (with deposit)

Congrats on Drexel and good luck with the rest of them
  • MassDaD68MassDaD68 Registered User Posts: 1,321 Senior Member
    @philbegas Congrats on Drexel. My son committed to Byrant to btw.

Best of luck my friend. :)
    edited May 3
    @MassDaD68 - I'm glad things worked out at Bryant for your son. (and apologies to the OP for going off topic)
    I am also glad they worked out!

I decided to switch to the 2 co op program at Drexel as well.
    Well I was denied from Brown's "Business, Entrepreneurship, and Organizations" program which is unsurprising lol.

I was accepted into Cuny Baruch, but I am not a direct admit to Zicklin Business so I'm probably going to pass. They want me to come and take a mathematics assessment test on June 2nd and that's after I have to commit anyways!
    edited May 11
    I would agree. Especially as a transfer student if you don't have a direct admit to the b-school I'd stick with Drexel.

And oh well about Brown -- it was worth a shot! As my son said (when he was rejected from a college), it is not a bad thing to get a rejection because at least you know you reached high.
    edited May 12
    Of course, and throughout this journey I have always tried to be realistic about my expectations. When all was said and done, I had applied to around 20 colleges (Rutgers and Cuny each allow 3 campuses under one fee).

U of Delaware told me they wanted my spring grades before they consider my application (and Villanova is the same as well), but I'm torn about whether I want to bother with them.

(Also Boston College rejected me yesterday)
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 31,406 Senior Member
    Don't leave it hanging. You applied, go through with it.