right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Bryn Mawr College v George Washington University

GAB444GAB444 60 replies12 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
Need help with deciding where to apply ED.

Bryn Mawr is close to home, but George Washington is in DC (my favorite place.) I would like to go into journalism or political science. When I visited, I loved GW and felt like I fit in there. I didn't like Bryn Mawr as much (probably since it's all female.) I am worried that GW is not as prestigious of a school that I could get into... I guess what I am trying to ask is how much of a prestige gap is in between GW and Bryn Mawr.
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Bryn Mawr College v George Washington University

• LindagafLindagaf 8841 replies473 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 9,314 Senior Member
    I would not say either school is much more prestgious than the other. I don't understand why you are considering Bryn Mawr if you didn't care for it. Apart from affordability, liking a school should be the most important factor. You loved GW, you didn't like BM. Don't apply to BM.
    · Reply · Share
  • happy1happy1 22407 replies2183 discussionsForum Champion Parents, Forum Champion Admissions Posts: 24,590 Forum Champion
    It sounds to me from you post that if you apply ED anywhere that GW is your preferred school. I would say the following:
    1) If you don't have a 100% top choice then don't apply anywhere ED.
    2) Focus on fit not presumed prestige. People tend to do the best where they feel comfortable and happy.
    3) I have no idea why you'd consider a school you don't love as an ED candidate.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity