Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Best Fit Colorado Uni for me?

rieslingriesling Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
After much thought, I've decided staying in-state would be the wisest option. I'm torn between CSU and CU Boulder, though I'm leaning a little heavier towards CSU. I'm a rising senior.

GPA is 3.5 unweighted and 4.2 weighted. SAT score is 1250—a little low for my liking, so I plan to retake it in August (fingers crossed). I don't know if state schools look too much into extracurriculars, but I do have volunteer and DECA experience, and I'm signed up for school newspaper senior year. I'm undecided on my major, but I either want to go into finance or a science-related field.

Any good Uni recs? I'm pretty sure my stats aren't too low, but average (?) Any chances of being rejected from these two particular unis?

Extra info that I'm not sure helps—I've taken four AP's (World, Lang, Bio, and U.S.—all 4's with the exception of Bio. Haven't gotten my score for that one yet), plan to take at least one more senior year (probably Psych). I'm not a stickler when it comes to class size, but personally, a little diversity would be a major plus.

Replies to: Best Fit Colorado Uni for me?

• CU123CU123 Registered User Posts: 1,293 Senior Member
    Unfortunately reputation does matter and if you want to major in Finance CU or DU would be much better than CSU. However with a 3.5/1250, acceptance is not assured at either so I would apply to all 3 and see what happens.