Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

international student willing to pay full tuition

cherrycanvascherrycanvas Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
i was wondering if colleges like international students who are willing to pay full tuition? i heard that international students who do not have stellar but still above average grades can get admitted just because they're willing to pay full tuition with no aid or scholarships.

Replies to: international student willing to pay full tuition

• artloversplusartloversplus Registered User Posts: 8,607 Senior Member
    Yes, if you full pay, more doors will open for you, but it does not mean you can be below average for that school.
  • katliamomkatliamom Registered User Posts: 12,875 Senior Member
    There are many schools that will welcome a full-pay international student. But the top elite schools still expect academic excellence. To increase your chances, you would have to apply to less selective (but usually still very good) universities and colleges.
  • simba9simba9 Registered User Posts: 3,261 Senior Member
    i was wondering if colleges like international students who are willing to pay full tuition?

Will they like you? No. They will LOVE you. But as others have said, you still have to meet their academic standards.
This discussion has been closed.