right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

I have no idea where to start

AlienNovaAlienNova 0 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1 New Member
I'm 20 years old with a GED and I want to get a masters in Computer Science with a school that offers an artificial intelligence program. I have no idea where to even start. Can I just start applying for colleges? Do I have to go to community college first because I have a GED with no SAT scores?
I'm not sure what's useful/need-to-know information so I'll just list what might be:
-I live in Virginia
-I obtained a GED in VA with the following scores (Total: 673)
--Social Studies (170: College Ready)
--Science (175: College Ready)
--Mathematical Reasoning (166: College Ready)
--Reasoning Through Language Arts (162)
-I only make about 25k a year with my full time job
--My parents don't make much more either

I seriously have no idea where to even start, I would appreciate any help.
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: I have no idea where to start

• MYOS1634MYOS1634 41134 replies445 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 41,579 Senior Member
    If you live in NOVA, the NOVA CC has very good articulation agreements with GMU and VTech so I'd start there.
    You can register now with your GED (hurry though because classes may be starting).
    Perhaps start part time with 3 classes to ensure you have a smooth transition to college (if you can afford the cc classes without financial aid), since it'll likely be very different due to not attending school in a while; I'm not sure how Virginia deals with financial aid, ask at the cc.
    Are you married or single? If married, only your income matters. If single, your parents' income will count too (unless you were a ward of the state or emancipated before 18).
    Complete FAFSA this October to go full time next year, you'd qualify for PELL grants for sure and that'd cover tuition at NOVA.
    Email admissions with your questions.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity