Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
MickieeMickiee Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited August 2017 in SAT Preparation
Hi

As a new student to America, I was told wrong as to when starting sat prep. I have my PSAT coming up. Pls drop some tips and websites I can use to study.
Post edited by Chedva on

Replies to: SAT Prep

• BKSquaredBKSquared Registered User Posts: 1,156 Senior Member
    Go to the College Board site first. https://www.collegeboard.org/?navId=www-cb There are free resources there and you can always purchase their published guide. The site also has a link to the Khan Academy free prep site. After that there are tons of prep books on the market. There are also professional prep services, both on-line and in person. But start with the College Board.
  • 2000crackpots2000crackpots Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Khan and Uworld for practice and learning. College board tests for assessing yourself.
  • KingMario71KingMario71 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Yeah If you want to learn the concepts you should get the College Panda books and the Erica Meltzer books. If you want to practice try out Khan Academy and Uworld

Then you can save the college board tests for practice.

If you have questions feel free to DM me
  • ParisienParisien Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    First, try taking an official College Board practice test Then analyze your results. If you missed questions because you didn't know the content (math), then consider buying a book such as College Panda that will teach you those skills; if you knew all the content, then practice. I used UWorld and it's great! Their questions are really similar to the ones on the real test, and they have good explanations.
This discussion has been closed.