Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

good economics schools?

2»

Replies to: good economics schools?

• CrewDadCrewDad Registered User Posts: 1,721 Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    @skylarscott1

Using student-level data provided by LinkedIn, the following colleges and universities send the highest percentage of graduates to "Wall Street."

Amherst
    Baruch
    Boston College
    Columbia
    Cornell
    Dartmouth
    Duke
    Georgetown
    Harvard
    Middlebury
    NYU
    Princeton
    Rutgers
    University of Michigan
    University of Notre Dame
    University of Pennsylvania
    Wake Forest
    Wellesley
    Villanova
    Yale

Source College Transitions
  • rman0070rman0070 Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    I think you should look at Haverford. They have top notch economics and all Haverford Econ students can also take classes at Wharton Business school. Also, when I visited Haverford it seemed like all the students go to top business schools such as Columbia, Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, and Haas to name a few. It’s also a college that has an extrememy high reputation especially in Wall Street if that’s an interest and keeps becoming better and more popular. I would take a look.
  • ChembiodadChembiodad Registered User Posts: 2,435 Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    @rman0070, agree on Haverford as a great feeder as we were blown away by the graduate placements when we attended tour/information session with DD’s. That said they felt the 1,100 student population and very compact campus was an insurmountable concern for both. Our xc/track had a positive athletic pre-read, but never took it beyond that.
    I think it is up to 1300 students and is slowly growing. You can check me on that. Either way you are correct. It is a very small school. I think their cross country team was second in the country or at least at one point they were. Your daughter must have been a tremendous student and athlete to get a positive pre read at such a top school with such an amazing x country program.
    Small is great for undergrad in my opinion. I know people at big schools such as Harvard, Yale, and Penn and they are taught in big lectures by TAs and upper classman. If you are going to pay all that money I truthfully believe in a liberal arts undergrad where there are small class sizes from extremely bright professors who virtually all have PHDs from top schools. To me that is a quality education. You can got to the Harvard, Yale, and Stanford’s for grad school and it is very common for people at a top liberal arts college like Haverford to go to a top business, medical, or law schools. I also heard that Haverford undergrads have a higher acceptance rate to UPenn grad schools than UPenn undergrads.
This discussion has been closed.