Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.

UC Application?

davidts32davidts32 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
Is it suspicious to have over 2000 hours across 4 years in volunteer community service for UC Application? I actually did over 2000 hours and put it on my application and can verify the hours but do you think that they would think it is BS/Not believe me and it is too much for a person to do I talked all about the volunteering in my UC essays? Thanks If you had over 2000 hours tell me too. People are telling me that over 2000 hours over 4 years is too much.

Replies to: UC Application?

• calla1calla1 Registered User Posts: 1,849 Senior Member
    That's 10 hours/week, 50 weeks/year. Or full-time in the summers with supporting hours during the year. It's possible if you were extremely committed to a particular program or programs. For example, maybe you were a volunteer summer staff at a scout camp. I could see ways you could get those hours.

If you talked about it in the essays and truly did the hours, I think you would be fine.
  • preppedparentpreppedparent Registered User Posts: 2,486 Senior Member
    You did the time, it's fine. Hopefully you have lots of other good stuff in your app as well to make a compelling case that you will be a valued contributor to the UC community.