right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Looking for the Right College

Dancer14Dancer14 154 replies27 threads Junior Member
I'm a sophomore in high school. I'm trying to look a little bit now as a preliminary search so I'm prepared when the time comes to finalize college ideas. Any suggestions of schools you can give me is appreciated. Thank you so much. These are my stats:
Home State: California
PSAT:1050
GPA of this semester: 3.2
Freshman GPA: 3.8 first semester, 3.5 second
Looking for schools with 15,000 or less students
Good financial aid
Looking for good political science and psychology departments (two majors I'm interested in).
I also would be good with going out of state and I don't have financial info yet since this is just preliminary. Thank you.
edited June 25
1 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Looking for the Right College

• AroundHereAroundHere 3604 replies22 threads Senior Member
    The first step is generally to investigate your state system.

Public campuses with 15000 students or less to explore:
    Cal State Bakersfield, Dominguez Hills, East Bay, Monterey Bay, San Marcos, Stanislaus
    Humboldt State
    UC Merced

When you say "good financial aid" but "no financial info yet" -- either money is going to be an issue or it isn't. You need to get some idea of what your parents have saved and plan to spend as well as how much need you demonstrate under the federal formula.

Federal EFC estimator here:
    https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/estimate
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity