right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Desperately in need of some liberal arts matches and safeties

vekhnavekhna 0 replies1 threads New Member
I am a white guy, low-income HS student living in Colorado. Neither of my parents graduated a four-year college program, so I am also first-generation.

I am desperately in need of some matches and safeties. However, my college choices are highly constrained by financial aid available from the institution. I completed my FAFSA and the CSS profile for colleges I have applied to.

My unweighted GPA is 3.83. I've only taken one honors course and another AP course, however I battle waves of depression and anxiety. I am certain that without these constraints, I could've managed a very rigorous courseload in HS.

My SAT is 1260 (700 writing, 560 math). Given another opportunity to take the SAT I am confident I could've scored better.

I need some safeties and matches because my current college list is composed of almost all reaches. My high school counselors have given me little to no help in the process and I've been lost.

Applied to reaches:

Reed (Early Action), Whitman, Skidmore, Wesleyan, Denison

Matches:
CU Boulder, University of Denver

Safeties: NONE

Can you give me any ideas on where I can apply? I am running out of time very quickly. I look towards the direction of liberal arts, however I don't quite know what I want to study.

Thank you for your help.
7 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Desperately in need of some liberal arts matches and safeties

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity