right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Does undergrad matter?... Take or leave a full ride offer? HELP

2»

Replies to: Does undergrad matter?... Take or leave a full ride offer? HELP

• techmom99techmom99 3516 replies6 threads Senior Member
    My son was accepted to Adelphi last year but didn't get as much as you were offered so he is now at a SUNY upstate. One thing we learned at Adelphi is that students can apply to be RA's even if they haven't lived on campus the first year, which is quite different from most other schools. This might present an option for you to live on campus in subsequent years.

Also, Adelphi has a top notch nursing program. We toured the new facilities last year out of curiosity and the school has really put a lot of money into its health sciences offerings.

As noted above, the campus is lovely and the three times we visited, everyone seemed enthusiastic and friendly. My son would have been happy there, but the value was not there, price wise, for us. You seem to be in a different situation.

I would also urge you to consider SUNY schools.

Good luck.
    · Reply · Share
  • special4996special4996 10 replies1 threads New Member
    All that matters is a degree with a good GPA. So don't waste time partying and study hard. Do not take on debt if you do not have to. Study hard for DAT. Keep the focus on GPA and DAT and study like a dog. You will succeed no matter where you are. If you can commute and it is not over an hour, then you will save living costs and avoid distractions.

Keep focus on the goal. Adelphi would be fine. Start studying from day one. You can get behind very quickly in college and then recovery is very hard.

Good Luck.
    · Reply · Share
  • coolguy40coolguy40 2906 replies8 threads Senior Member
    Prestige is highly overrated. I would go where the money is at and looks like you're doing OK. Check out the dorm costs also. You might find that it's a lot cheaper to live there and work part time/summers.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity