Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance Me: USC, Cornell, Case Western, University of Washington

minnesnowdaminnesnowda Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
Hello, I want to know my chances at USC, Cornell, Case Western, and the University of Washington.

I want to go into genetics, and at Cornell I'd be going for their viticulture program.

I am a Caucasian female from a well off family, and a 3rd gen student, so I don't have any real draws. I am going into STEM though, and I've done lots of volunteering regarding females in STEM.

I just want to know my chances for getting into these schools, and potentially ways to strengthen my chances of getting into my reaches (USC and Cornell).

Some of my stats:

3.77U/W GPA, and 3.96 weighted GPA on a 4.4 scale (AP and Honors coursework is weighted x1.1, maximum is actually ~4.33 due to required general coursework)

Top 10% of a class of ~700 people, at a competitive Minnesota school

35 composite ACT (35 English, 34 Mathematics, 35 Reading, and 34 Science)

11 Writing ACT

AP Scores (so far, planning on taking 2 next year & yet to take 2 this year): 5 AP Human Geography and 4 AP World History

Good activities, great involvement with community, good work history, and good accomplishments. I'm quite sure recs and essays will be great.