right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Wesleyan vs. Middlebury vs. UChicago

xcollegeobsessedxxcollegeobsessedx 1 replies3 threads New Member
Im interested in studying Economics with possibly double major in Poly Sci? Not sure.
I'm honestly not sure because I'm interested in law, business, political science, etc.
The PPE(L) track maybe? (Philosophy, Politics, Economics, Law)

Let me know how each of these schools are and how they compare to each other.
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Wesleyan vs. Middlebury vs. UChicago

• circuitridercircuitrider 4014 replies183 threads Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    Wesleyan has an interdisciplinary program called, the College of Social Studies (CSS) which would fit your PPE parameters and the closest to NYC (which you say you don't like). Chicago is - well, Chicago. Probably the most "learning for the sake of learning" of all the large research unis. Middlebury is the most remote of the three. Academically, you can't go wrong at any of them.
    edited June 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • gardenstategalgardenstategal 6720 replies10 threads Senior Member
    Agree with @circuitrider that they are all solid academic choices. The environments at each are very different! You may want to think about the kind of place that would appeal to you to live as well as learn.
    · Reply · Share
  • rosered55rosered55 4834 replies124 threads Senior Member
    All difficult to get into.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity