Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Should You Consider Community College?

Is it possible that a two-year college suits your future plans? https://www.collegeconfidential.com/articles/should-you-consider-community-college/

Replies to: Should You Consider Community College?

• My CupcakeMy Cupcake Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    It’s simple – the more education and skills you get, the more career options you’ll have and its a combination of hard work and more education to be successful
  • suraydavusuraydavu Registered User Posts: 17 Junior Member
    yes right
  • RainbowBriteyRainbowBritey Registered User Posts: 20 Junior Member
    I think students interested in the UC system should certainly consider the CC to UC route - my CC offers great access to the UC's including a 2nd look agreement with UCLA through our honors program and the option of tagging one of the UC's that offer this option. Taking this route not only makes great schools accessible but also dramatically decreases the cost of undergraduate education, effectively making grad school seem less of a stretch. I have also benefitted from small classes, great professors and a smaller campus environment at my CC all of which have allowed me to get involved, grow as a human being and find my space.
  • jpm50jpm50 Registered User Posts: 1,238 Senior Member
    I'm a firm believer and walking proof in the opportunity that community colleges provide.

If you work your butt off in a community college to get straight A's and show leadership in whatever activities the school has to offer, then 4-year colleges will look at your transfer application seriously, very seriously.

• suraydavusuraydavu Registered User Posts: 17 Junior Member
    @RainbowBritey Another advantage to a small campus environment is that you will have more contact with your professors both in and out of the classroom. You can stop by before or after class to speak with the professor for a few minutes. When you attend a larger school, professors will often let their teaching assistants lead class discussions, grade papers and meet with students. You may never have the chance to speak with one of your teachers in person because those teachers do not have time in their schedules to meet with all students.
  • RainbowBriteyRainbowBritey Registered User Posts: 20 Junior Member
    @suraydavu absolutely! I have built valuable relationships with professors through office hours too!