right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Help me find more match schools? Current Junior in STEM

sciencegirl2024sciencegirl2024 36 replies8 threads Junior Member
Hi CC Community,

I am a HS junior ('20) who is currently crafting her college list. I've found a lot of schools that I love, but they are almost all reaches. Could you help me find more matches or safeties?

Reaches:
Princeton (Will most likely SCEA here)
UPenn
Brown
Columbia
UChicago
MIT
Dartmouth

Matches:
U of Toronto
U of Rochester
Carnegie Mellon

Safeties:
UMD College Park
Penn State

I am planning to major in a STEM field, most likely engineering. Some things I am looking at in a school are: flexibility with double major/minor, suburban or urban campus in the northeast, and study abroad opportunities.

My Stats are:
UW GPA: 4.00, W GPA: 5.41 on 6.00 scale
SAT: Haven't taken yet, but aiming for 1550 or greater. I scored a 1500 on PSAT so I think this is attainable.
SAT II: 800 Math II, will be taking Chem and Physics in the spring
AP Exams: US Gov & Pol (5), CS A (5), Calc AB (5), Statistics (5), World History (4), currently taking Chem, Physics 1, Calc BC, and English Lit

I understand that it might be hard to get a full picture of my academic standing without an official SAT or ACT. I will be happy to provide extra information if needed. Any advice is welcomed!

9 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Help me find more match schools? Current Junior in STEM

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity