Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I don't like my colleges anymore

Replies to: I don't like my colleges anymore

• MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 41,280 Senior Member
    Excellent !
  • twogirlstwogirls Registered User Posts: 6,909 Senior Member
    Best of luck to you!!
    edited February 11
    NSE is fantastic - and you would be able to choose between Cal Poly SLO, UGeorgia, UAlabama, even an excellent private college such as Gustavus Adolphus or beachfront New college of Florida.... Even go to Canada!
  • LM3232LM3232 Registered User Posts: 174 Junior Member
    Hi, any update on where you may be going? I hope you found a school you love!
  • CalinAmryCalinAmry Registered User Posts: 130 Junior Member
    Hi, I am still interested in UB but I don't like how far away that is from home, so SB is a close second. And if I were to get into BU, that would be my first choice.
  • twogirlstwogirls Registered User Posts: 6,909 Senior Member
    I wish you the best. Just make sure that BU is affordable....my advice.
    Did you visit any more colleges?
    When do you hear from BU?

So far so good-looking you have two affordable choices you like. So no matter what, celebrate: you're going to college!!!
    edited March 2
    I will visit more colleges soon. Just heard from UConn, got in but not into Storrs. So, it's off my list.
  • LM3232LM3232 Registered User Posts: 174 Junior Member
    What is storrs? Is that their honors college?
  • privatebankerprivatebanker Registered User Posts: 4,622 Senior Member
    @LM3232

Storrs is a town. Main campus.

Like Penn State there are other locations but main campus is its own school and experience.
    Storrs is super rural anyway so you're okay there.
    It’s okay, I wasn’t that interested in UConn anyway and I feel half rejected. I want to go to a school that seems to genuinely want me.
  • bjkmombjkmom Registered User Posts: 7,815 Senior Member
    Why don't you do some research on the schools you have? If you don't know the basics...like the fact that Temple is in Philadelphia... then it seems you really don't know what you have. Why not spend a day or two figuring out exactly what you have?

I just checked your posts--- you mention CUNY in one thread. So you're from the NYC area. Great. We're looking to get 4-8 inches of snow tonight and may not have school tomorrow. So spend today looking at your options. If you're still really unhappy with what you have, you may have tomorrow to find and apply to one or two schools that are still accepting applicants