right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Reverse chance me

Benhead26Benhead26 2 replies4 postsRegistered User New Member
Thought I'd join on this train.

*Demographics: 18 year old Indian Male, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India (International Student). Grew up with a single parent. Mom went to college. Don't have much information about my father. Need merit-based or financial aid, preferably full tuition; family can contribute upto $10,000 a year. Majors interested in- Biotechnology/ Biomedical engineering and computer science (games) (at USC only)

*Courseload: 43/45 IB score. HLs- Physics (7) , Chemistry (7) and Biology (7). SLs- English (7), Math (7), Hindi (6)

*Stats: ACT 32; Math II 800; Will be appearing for SAT and Chemistry subject test in October and November respectively.

Extracurriculars: Toy joy (NGO)- National President- Supporting underprivileged children through charities and orphanages; conducting donation drives for toys, books, stationary etc.; responsible for the management of the Jaipur branch and collaboration with other branches of the NGO. Expansion in over 8 different cities. Since joining have opened 3 new branches.

*Intern at Jaipur foot-Worked with a team to develop prosthetic limbs

*Individual research-Carrying forward my IBDP EE Research by making it more specific detail-oriented, and publication-ready.

*Aashayein (NGO)- Cofounder- Non-profit organization with a mission to improve the lives of the underprivileged; raised and donated over 20,000 Rupees to the parents of disabled children for their treatment; organized a medical camp for underprivileged members of the society; teach math and science to underprivileged children on a weekly basis

*Shadowing a doctor, co-organiser of blood donation camp, captain of school's under-19 cricket team (reached to quarter-finals), Co-established a STEM club in school ( won various inter-school competitions around the city and increased student participation from 30 to 70)

**I personally really think I would fit well into USC, but the only way I go there are full scholarships. I do have a list of some backups and target schools. What would you guys recommend?

Thank you.
0 replies
· Reply · Share