right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Buck Institute Novato Ca

aanikabediaanikabedi 2 replies1 threads New Member
Does anybody know much about this program? Acceptance Rate and what it's about? I can't find much on it.
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Buck Institute Novato Ca

• hophop 1008 replies2 threads Senior Member
    My understanding is that it's a not-for-profit that creates Project-Based Learning curriculums and/or instructional best-practices, which are then shared with teachers and educators.

To the best of my knowledge, I don't think that they are are actual school, other than teaching a variety of educators how to use their services.

The Buck Institute is a well-know philanthropic agency in Marin County, CA which contributes significant amounts of money locally (they were subject to years of litigation to open the trust to non-Marin recipients) to fund research on aging, as well as educational purposes.
    · Reply · Share
  • QtinfoQtinfo 69 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Do you mean Dominican University? I think it has some sort of affiliation with researchers at the Buck Institute for their graduate level students. Dominican is in San Rafael.
    · Reply · Share
  • aanikabediaanikabedi 2 replies1 threads New Member
    Sorry I wasn't very descriptive in my post, Buck Institute has some sort of Summer Scholars Program for high schoolers that allow them to do research on aging. I meant if anybody knew information on that program and on the acceptance rate of that program!
    · Reply · Share