right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
College of Charleston, Cooper, Davidson, and Reed are rumored to release decisions tomorrow (4/1). Share your outcome!
Tulane is rumored to release decisions today (3/31). Share your outcome!
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

Unstable college history turned around - where to transfer?

kenna25kenna25 0 replies1 threads New Member
Please, help. I am so confused.

Out of HS I went to Columbia Chicago and withdrew my third semester because of medical problems, then went home to Texas Women's and withdrew (or failed out, I can't remember) the first semester there because I needed a follow-up surgery. That all happened in Fall 2013-Spring 2015.

In Spring of 2017, I went to a VA community college and ended up getting an associates of applied sciences in paralegal studies. I applied to William and Mary for spring transfer and didn't get in (presumably because they don't take many spring transfers and my degree wasn't transferable). I went back to VCCS to take a few extra classes and get a second associate of science in general studies- a degree that DOES transfer.

Now I'm reapplying to W&M, but I also want to apply to other schools as well, just in case. I'm interested in majoring in public policy or history, then maybe minoring in philosophy or political science.

I'm a Virginia resident, my VCCS GPA is a 3.92.
When I did take the ACT back in 2012, I got a 33 composite (if that even matters it was so long ago)
I'm hoping to go on to law school eventually, hopefully to a t14.
In all, I'll be transferring in with two associates and graduating summa cum laude with both.

What other schools are in my ballpark? Will my shoddy academic history keep me from getting in to a good school?

I was looking at UVA, St. Mary's Maryland, George Mason, James Madison, Wake Forest, Loyola Maryland, then possibly a couple in New Orleans (Tulane and Loyola NOLA).

I want a challenging, reputable school with a good social scene.

Ideally near water (I love to sail), near a national park like JMU, or near DC because I want to be in the legal field. It has to be somewhere that will look good on a law school app!

I missed the deadlines already for Uni of Richmond and UNC Chapel Hill.
0 replies
· Reply · Share